Fremont House Hockey League
Winter Season 2017
Friday, January 6th - Saturday, March 26th
The goals of the program will remain the same; to not only develop players’ hockey skills, but to create an environment where Bay Area youth can learn valuable life skills such as teamwork, good work ethic and positive attitude.
We have made a some improvements that we feel will not only give our customers more, but also provide participants with a better hockey experience and grow their confidence on the ice.
• Number of Practices & Games – Participants will now receive two evaluations, eleven practices and eleven games.
• Schedule – Practices take place on Friday evenings. Games will remain on Saturday afternoons. Practices will be one hour long and games 75 minutes in length.
• Game Structure – Of the eleven game sessions, there will be a mix of cross-ice, half ice and full ice games. Cross-ice, or small area hockey, shrinks down the playing surface to the size of the players. It has been used in other hockey nations for many years. Because they are playing on a smaller area, participants get more touches on the puck and are forced to make quicker decisions, thus accelerating their skill development.
• Class Lesson/Sibling Discount – We are proud to offer a 10% sibling discount for those with multiple children participating in the league.
• USA Hockey – All participants will be required to register with USA Hockey on an annual basis. USA Hockey is the governing body of amateur ice hockey in the country. They provide a nationwide coaching curriculum, instructional officials training and insurance coverage for all members just to name a few. For more information or to register, please visit www.usahockey.com
Winter League fee is $340 and is due at time of registration.
Evaluation Sessions: Friday, January 6th, 7:00-9:00pm and Saturday, January 7th, 2:30-4:00pm or 4:15-5:45pm
Team assignments will be sent out via email by Thursday January 12th (unless otherwise notified), along with the schedule
First team practice will take place Friday, January 27th, 7:00-8:00pm, 8:00pm-9:00pm
First game will be on Saturday January 21st, 2:30-4:00pm or 4:15-5:45pm
Jerseys will be supplied by the league.
All decisions by the Sharks Ice Hockey Dept are final. For more information, questions or to register, please visit our website at www.sharksiceatfremont.com.
Specific Questions please contact Sharks Ice Hockey Director Robert Savoie